[OSM-dev] Problems with Tiles at Home under Windows

Hansen akio.hansen at t-online.de
Sat Apr 21 19:09:08 BST 2007

Hi,

today, I installed ActivePerl 6 with 7-Zip and Inkscape under Windows XP. Now, I want to render some tiles for tiles at home. So, I copied the svn to my local disk and started the tilesGen.pl script with the Windows command line. The tilesGen script starts, but after 1 second it stops with the following failure:

C:\tiles at home>perl tilesGen.pl
- Using working directory c:\temp\
- Inkscape version 0.45.1
- xmlstarlet version 1.0.1
'zip' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Can't find zup <using "zip">

C:\tiles at home>

How can I solve this "zip" problem? I only installed 7-Zip...
I have many Windows machines here and I think they will be great for tiles at home! :-)

Thanks a lot and have a nice evening

Akio