[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Apr 24 10:04:36 BST 2007

Hi,

> would it be a big hack to do this once, leave the tiles in a temp
> directory, and when blue tiles are needed upload them with another
> name?
> Just like we do with the blank tiles?
>
> Rendering such a tile takes some minutes on my system.

Yes but it should be an exception that such tiles are rendered at
all, I think. After all, who would navigate to a sea tile and then
request a re-render of that? As long as there's no data on them, a
manual rendering request is the only way they will ever get into the
queue...

We could build a workaround like the one you described but I thought
that's not worthwile due to the very small number of such tiles I
expect to be rendered. Maybe my estimate was wrong?

Bye
Frederik