[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Damian Sulewski Damian.Sulewski at Uni-Dortmund.de
Tue Apr 24 10:20:05 BST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 24.04.2007, 11:04 +0200 schrieb Frederik Ramm:

> Yes but it should be an exception that such tiles are rendered at
> all, I think. After all, who would navigate to a sea tile and then
> request a re-render of that? As long as there's no data on them, a
> manual rendering request is the only way they will ever get into the
> queue...
>

> We could build a workaround like the one you described but I thought
> that's not worthwile due to the very small number of such tiles I
> expect to be rendered. Maybe my estimate was wrong?
Ok,
i just think its a metter of time until a newbee sees the "request"
option, sees some blue tiles, and thinks,"oh, the tiles between england
and france should be blue" or: "oh, the pacific ocean has to be
renderd" ;-)

Greetings,

Damian

--
Verification of concurrent C++ programs:
http://StEAM.cs.uni-dortmund.de