[OSM-dev] I've done some work on JOSM...

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:36:31 BST 2007

On 4/27/07, Ed <eAi at opencoding.net> wrote:
> Frederik sent me some notes and I've used this to fix a few things which
> should make this more useful.

A few things:
Your command should really refuse to alter ways that are incomplete.
By definition you can't sort them, and worse, the code simply seems to
remove segments from the way if they are incomplete. Better to simply
ignore incomplete ways. Also the visitor seems useless (you're only
visiting one thing, why not do it directly).

> The main issue with the code as it is, is that it can't really cope with
> ways that fork/branch properly. I'll look into solving this at some point.

I've thought of a simplify way command that would split such ways as
well as reorder, but never got around to it.

Have a nice day,