[OSM-dev] UK Dev Day

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sat Apr 28 10:28:41 BST 2007

> I'd like it to be the obvious and natural way to use OSM. So port it to
> Java as a JOSM plugin, or even porting it to ruby to be a function of
> the rails server. Currently OSMfilter requires you to install a bunch od
> dependencies, download a whole planet.osm,

you can even use a small osm file. Just say
	osmtrackfilter.pl ... --osm=small_osm_file.osm ...

> filter it as appropriate so
> it will fit in RAM, etc. before you can use it.
>
> Really there should be a way to just load the track into JOSM, have JOSM
> download existing roads close to the track, (even if this means multiple
> fetches to the API), and make the segments.

Imi already made plugin stuff for external programms. We'd only have to change
the read/write parsing for osmtrackfilter.pl

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304
Skype: JoergOstertag