[OSM-dev] Reflief tiles

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Tue Aug 7 07:19:34 BST 2007

I've written to Hans Braxmeier, the guy who presented those topographical relief tiles some time ago. The software to produce these is written in Java and it's too messy to be published now. Plus, he invested loads of his time, so he isn't sure whether he wants to publish that (but could probably be convinced).

However, the resulting tiles are available under www.maps-for-free.com from zoom level 0-11 (10 and 11 only on request, the rest free to download). They are licensed under a CC-by-sa (3.0) license, so we could use them as a selectable over(under)lay, if we give credit.
I think, I'll play a bit with it, as I love that topographical look.

spaetz