[OSM-dev] Sol Katz OSGEO award

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Aug 16 14:16:38 BST 2007

No reason to get rude at each other :-\

I think Chris has written a good motivation on the "why not to nominate
OSM people",
one that is just as valuable as a strong "why to nominate one of the OSM
people" which is indeed lacking at this moment.

I must say that after reading the response from Chris, I think we indeed
need far better arguments if we want to nominate OSM-people.
Frank Warmerdam is one of my personal heroes too. I admire Frank for the
way opensource projects where I often find his name attached have
poistioned. A lot of the projects are now stable, active and well adapted.
I really am a big fan of OSM too, but it needs a bit of shaping where it
comes to being professional, having a good organization structure and
setting solid standards. This in particular makes it the more
interesting to be part of the OSM community, tto watch and help it shape
to become top of the bill.

--

Milo van der Linden
skype: milovanderlinden <skype:milovanderlinden?add>

De informatie in dit bericht reflecteert mijn persoonlijke mening en
niet die van een bedrijf of instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen
rechten worden ontleend. Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een forum,
mailing-list of community dan gelden automatisch de bij het betreffende
medium behorende voorwaarden. The information in this message reflects
my personal opinion and not that of a company or public body. All rights
reserved.If this message is contained in a mailing-list or community,
the rights on the medium are automatically adapted.