[OSM-dev] A GPS voice logger application

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Fri Jan 5 23:07:45 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have mentioned before that I am meaning to build a similar device using
perhaps a gumstix and a simple sirfstar III module, but have famously never
got around to it, so I too would at some point find it useful to be able to
overlay audio recordings on JOSM.

On Friday 05 January 2007 22:54, Andreas Volz wrote:
> Is OGG/Vorbis possible to use in Java?

I know that fluendo have a pure java vorbis decoder.

> perhaps a WAV file with releated text GPS tags or simply GPS tags
> encoded in the file name.

This was the route I was planning on taking - you only need around 16kHz/8bit
for simple voice, so size shouldn't be much of an issue.

robert.