[OSM-dev] Dealing with segements referencing deleted nodesinthe planet dump

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 22:57:49 GMT 2007

>>> I have a similar problem with two ways in the centre of bath that
>>>  reference segments that don't exist. They've been like that for
>>> as long as I can remember....
>>>
>>> I tried a similar trick to what you said, and I think they only
>>> reference live segments now, but I still can't seem to delete
>>> them. They come back next time I download in JOSM. Any pointers?
>>>
>>> They are ways 2538 and 2542
>>>
>>> (They have suspiciously low ID numbers compared to everywhere
>>> else in Bath)
>>
>> Neither of them appear to be in planet.osm or on the server. Can
>> you give a sample download area that gets them?
>
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.3802000091772&lon=-2.3608622040274265&zoom=15>

They do seem very persistent...

Any changes I make are uploaded (and remembered) without a problem.
Requesting them manually says 404 not found.
Trying to delete them says 410 Gone which means they did exist but have
already been deleted.

Yet they come back as soon as you re-download the area.

Can anyone with slightly more knowledge of the api/db internals explain
this?

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/