[OSM-dev] Need to convert OSM XML map data to SVG TINY

George Sgouros sgouros at anro.gr
Sun Jan 28 10:09:54 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,

I am on my way on creating a map-based app for mobile phones using J2ME and JSR226 (svg). After discovering openstreetmaps sometime ago, I cannot think of anything else but osm to use as a map source for my app.

However I do have a problem. Osmarender currently only supports XML to SVG FULL conversion. It would be really nice if it could directly produce an SVG TINY file.

I thought about tweeking osmarender.xsl in order to make it output an SVG-TINY file instead of SVG-FULL, however I found it a bit overwhelming.
I COULD of course use Adobe Illustrator or a similar app to make the conversion from svg full to svg tiny. However, what I think as the best approach is a command line tool which could directly produce SVG-TINY files using the osm xml files.

So I was wondering if anybody could help me locate (or maybe easily create) an XSL file for Osmarender which will produce an SVG TINY file.
A command line converter from SVG Full to SVG tiny would also be useful. Does anybody happen to know such a tool?

Many thanks in advance

George