[OSM-dev] Area rendering on Mapnik

Tue Jan 30 14:21:29 GMT 2007

Nick W wrote:

> OK thanks. I think the easiest solution might be to develop a custom API
> (based off a copy of the database from planet on dev) to return every
> coordinate of any way within the bounding box as a list of lats and longs.

Lots of this is in Potlatch:

- 'whichways': return IDs of all ways within a bounding box
- 'getway': return one way as an ordered list of lats and longs (and
some other stuff)
- 'putway': save a getway-formatted way back onto the server
- 'deleteway': delete a way (and all constituent nodes and segments,
unless they're used elsewhere)

Have a look at the rubyamf.cgi source (or PHP equivalent) and you
might find some stuff you can borrow/reuse.

cheers
Richard