[OSM-dev] Funny Numbers

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Wed Mar 7 15:47:07 GMT 2007

El Miércoles, 7 de Marzo de 2007 16:23, Frederik Ramm escribió:
> So we have 8423007 nodes in the database, but 8759380 nodes are
> referenced by segments.

You probably mean the opposite - 8759k in the DB, 8423k referenced by
segments.

> That's (at least) 340k nodes used but not present - is that possible? Or a
> likely bug in my script?

It's perflectly possible. That means that about 3.8% of the nodes are
amenities (churches, pubs, post boxes) or city names, which are not part of
any way. Or simply unconnected and untagged.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

Cuando mis amigos son tuertos, los miro de perfil.- Gustave Courbert.