[OSM-dev] Osmarender map beautifier question

Wed Mar 21 12:27:20 GMT 2007

Robert Hart wrote:

> These are obviously heavily biased towards my own mapping experience.
> Suggestions welcome.

Generally abbreviations on labels wouldn't have a full stop after
them, so just "Rd" rather than "Rd.".

In addition: Lane->La, Court->Ct, Close->Ct are both quite common.

At the cartography day we noticed that Google have started some really
horrible auto-abbreviations on their mapping, regardless of the length
of the street. I now live on "9 Acres Close", according to Google,
which I guess means my address begins "5 9 Acres Close". Yuck.

cheers
Richard