[OSM-dev] OSM tools RPMs for Fedora Core 6

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 21:16:57 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 13:12 +0100, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
> > Hi Sander,
> >
> > There is some info about Mapnik on http://mapnik.org
> > It runs on *nix, mac os x and windows. There are Debian packages and
> > official Fedora rpms would be a great addition.
> > If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
> >
> Nice,
> I just read the archives a bit, and it seems Keith talked about submitting
> (to  Extras, which doesn't exist anymore, it is just Fedora now). Keith,
> if you still want to submit it, please send me a link to your review
> request, and I will have a look. Do you already maintain Fedora RPMS, or
> do you need a sponsor? If the latter, I can not really help you with that.
> If you do not want to submit, I guess I'll have a go at it.

I'm an interested observer of Fedora (Core, Extras, and the changes for
7), but I've not got round to submitting anything for inclusion.  I'll
probably have a go at submitting the Mapnik RPM later this week, but I
don't think the other RPMs are suitable yet: UTF9sanitize should
hopefully die once the API and DB are fixed, and osm2pgsql is to fast
moving a target at the moment.

I'll let you know the bug number once I submit Mapnik.

Keith.