[OSM-dev] OSM tools RPMs for Fedora Core 6

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:57:23 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 12:35 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 21:16 +0100, Keith Sharp wrote:
>
> > I'm an interested observer of Fedora (Core, Extras, and the changes for
> > 7), but I've not got round to submitting anything for inclusion.  I'll
> > probably have a go at submitting the Mapnik RPM later this week, but I
> > don't think the other RPMs are suitable yet: UTF9sanitize should
> > hopefully die once the API and DB are fixed, and osm2pgsql is to fast
> > moving a target at the moment.
> >
> Very well, it is your decision. I just had a quick look at your spec
> file and one thing that cought my eye was your use of /usr
> You should use %{_prefix} for that instead.
>
> Also it doesn't currently build on x86_64:
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> Checking for main() in C library m... yes
> Checking for main() in C library ltdl... no
> Could not find header or shared library for ltdl, exiting!
>

> > I'll let you know the bug number once I submit Mapnik.

It works for me. What libtool packages do you have installed?

$ grep libtool /var/log/rpmpkgs
libtool-1.5.22-6.1.x86_64.rpm
libtool-ltdl-1.5.22-6.1.i386.rpm
libtool-ltdl-1.5.22-6.1.x86_64.rpm
libtool-ltdl-devel-1.5.22-6.1.x86_64.rpm

I suspect libtool-ltdl-devel may need to be added as a BuildReq.

	Jon