[OSM-dev] OSM tools RPMs for Fedora Core 6

Keith Sharp kms at passback.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 21:12:01 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 12:35 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 21:16 +0100, Keith Sharp wrote:
>
> > I'm an interested observer of Fedora (Core, Extras, and the changes for
> > 7), but I've not got round to submitting anything for inclusion.  I'll
> > probably have a go at submitting the Mapnik RPM later this week, but I
> > don't think the other RPMs are suitable yet: UTF9sanitize should
> > hopefully die once the API and DB are fixed, and osm2pgsql is to fast
> > moving a target at the moment.
> >
> Very well, it is your decision.

I do plan on submitting osm2pgsql, probably once the current
experimental version goes live.

> I just had a quick look at your spec
> file and one thing that cought my eye was your use of /usr
> You should use %{_prefix} for that instead.

Thanks, fixed.

> Also it doesn't currently build on x86_64:
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> Checking for main() in C library m... yes
> Checking for main() in C library ltdl... no
> Could not find header or shared library for ltdl, exiting!

Following Jons lead it turns out this is a missing BuildRequires:
libtool-ltdl-devel was the problem.  I've updated the SPEC and RPMs,
available from:

	http://www.passback.org.uk/maps/rpms/

Keith.