[OSM-dev] More OSM software available on Fedora

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Sat May 5 20:06:21 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 21:11 +0330, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> Just to note that one more piece of software used in OSM has been
> included in Fedora. After gpsbabel was added with a review by Sander
> Hoentjen, now Perl's Math::Vec is also added as the perl-Math-Vec
> package.
>
> If you wish to/already run tiles at home on a Fedora box, you can now:
>
> # yum install perl-Math-Vec (may need a few hours for the package to
> get pushed to the repositories)
>
> On my OSM-related todo list for fedora are now:
> * pngcrush (useful for tiles at home)
> * perl's Geo::ShapeFile (needed for coastlines script)
> * perl's WWW::Curl (needed for coastlines script)
> * mkgmap (may need some tweaks for GCJ, or not)
>
> Any help in packaging these for Fedora or reviewing them is appreciated.

I am a tad busy right now, but I might take some up for packaging and/or
review in the near future. Also note that I am still working on
packaging josm. There is a fix underway in the Fedora gcc to get closer
to that goal. I don't think the goal will be reached before Fedora 7 is
released though.

Sander