[OSM-dev] Potlatch hackable on dev server?

Mon May 14 11:56:55 BST 2007

Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Is there a full OSM (Rails) with Potlatch set up on the dev server?

Not AFAIK, but I may be wrong.

> If so, what I might do to make my suggested tweaks to potlatch
> (Landsat and NPE background, polygons) is work on dev for the
> moment, as it'll probably be easier than using a combination of the
> Freemap server and the live API.

FWIW I develop using a local Rails install and a planet-derived db -
worth considering? I'm also keeping the non-Rails Ruby API current, so
you can actually hack on the SWF part of Potlatch without having Rails
installed.

I'm currently working on a bunch of Potlatch stuff (segments, POIs,
etc.) and hope to have a release in the next couple of days, unless
anyone asks for still more features. :)

When I first started working on Potlatch, I actually wrote complete
working ActionScript for a Landsat background - i.e. full tile
management code - but stripped it out when Yahoo! came along and the
OSM Landsat WMS server was turned off. Shall I dig it out and bung it
your way? (NPE will presumably be a bit scarier due to projection
issues.)

cheers
Richard