[OSM-dev] Ask University for support?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:51:24 BST 2007

Matthew
Any chance of getting an account on your server?  I have a service that
provides place names for any bbox on the planet.   Its an implementation of
the API, but unlike the main server it is not limited to a small area.

There was some previous discussion about using this to help t at h rendering of
of names at low zoom levels (city, state, country, continent, ocean).
Essentially t at h would fetch a z12 bbox from the main server and then fetch a
much larger bbox from the place-name  server.  The two files can then be
combined to create a render that includes very large place names that, at
z12, would span many tiles.

80n