[OSM-dev] OSM Date Formats

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:17:19 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 15:01 +1000, Brett Henderson wrote:

> I'll fix osmosis to remove the millisecond information.  Are you willing
> to update planet.c and planetdiff?  I can brush off my C skillz but it
> will probably take me a while :-)

I've updated the planet.c code to generate dates in the format:

    2007-07-10T11:32:32Z

produces the following timings:

OLD:
  real    12m44.875s
  user    2m4.975s
  sys     0m23.508s

NEW:
  real    10m47.347s
  user    0m43.055s
  sys     0m2.443s

A >50% drop in CPU utilisation by Osmosis, even more if you include the
drop in system time as well. It is a shame that MySQL takes so long.

	Jon