[OSM-dev] Too many slow queries in db

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 3 23:50:32 BST 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Tom Hughes wrote:

> Seriously, if you've got a magic way to make a database query
> a 100 million row table in the blink of an eyelid I'll be only
> to happy to deploy it.

By prioritizing queries? In a way putting some thing [1] in front of this
*poor* 100 million row database because in the current way the system will
never be able to scale?

Seriously about the magicway: I cannot find the current slow log, I don't
know how well *any* other database behaves on this specific set. But I
don't ignore both if presented...

Although that every query walks trough 100 million rows, *sounds* a bit
absurt.

Stefan

[1] http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy