[OSM-dev] API 0.5 is on the way

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Sep 12 00:00:50 BST 2007

Hi,

> A single day sounds somewhat optimistic. The changeover to 0.4 to 0.3
> was forecast to take a weekend but in reality took much longer before
> everything was running smoothly.

You have a point there. I ran the migration on my test server and it
was through within a few hours, but we will of course want to make a
copy of our database beforehand and all that, and if something goes
wrong reset everything to that copy and start over... these things
take time.

> is your branch of josm for tracking the mainline, or should developers
> start targeting 0.5 only/as well now?

I will certainly try to get all the patches that are applied to the
JOSM mainline into the 0.5 branch as well, so that we can have a clean
switch when the time comes; that's something I can handle because I am
quite familiar with the JOSM source in the mean time. I can't,
however, do that for the plugins so I would be very happy if plugin
developers could start targeting 0.5.

Bye
Frederik