[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Easy way to export to Illustrator?

Erik Johansson emj at kth.se
Mon Apr 7 14:43:26 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> > I don't see why there isn't an OSM to SVG converter webservice,
> >

>  To be just a little bit more verbose - depending on the input it takes
> a hell of a lot of CPU time to render an area with Osmarender, even if you
> have the CPU all to yourself.

The problem I did wonder about was how to get the right data on your
render.  So how do I let someone render the slippy map they are seeing
at the moment?

To get a good render from osmarender, Is it enough to know
* zoom level
* bounding box

Things I guess you would like to know is approximate time to render
this data, but I guess no one has done any measurements on this.

--
/emj