[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql(-ng)?

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:49:28 BST 2008

Short version: should I just commit my changes to SVN in the current
directory, or make a new one?

Long version: I've hacked away at osm2pgsql and made the following changes:

- List of tags read from file
- slim mode works again
- relations properly supported
- More efficient DB usage

It's quite a lot of changes and local regression testing (loading the
whole of belgium) shows you get the same results as what's currently
in SVN. With these changes steps have been been to allow the following
(some have futher to go than others):

- Direct loading of planet-diffs
- Multipolygons only taking tags from outer-ring
- Relations being able to handle more stuff (in slim mode any object
can be referred to)
- More flexibility in how tags are handled

I've not got the maximum performance for slim-mode yet, there are
still some low hanging fruit. I think this is the way of the future,
since it will allow diffs to be applied.

Anyway, to the question at hand: would people mind if I just committed
it. You can always get the current version by updating to -r7313. Or
would people like to see it as a new branch. I'd prefer only keeping
one branch but I'll go with the majority.

Have a nice day,