[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql fails on current data

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 07:59:14 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>  3. "work with what we've got" and fix the data we get out of the
>    system to suit our needs.
>
>  Dave's patch is in the spirit of option 3, and frankly I think that
>  way is the only acceptable way.

You're right, I was thinking too far ahead. I won't complain if they
enter "6;8" and they shouldn't complain when it's treated as if they
had entered "6". I was thinking that we should point out that using
semicolons is nice, but doesn't actually work in many cases.

>  If we ever get local language tagging ("de:strasse=autobahn" instead
>  of "highway=motorway"), then such a preprocessor could also be used
>  to transform everything into your format.

That wouldn't be too hard, since the meaning is clear. The problem
mostly with tags with multiple values is that the meaning sometimes
becomes ambiguous.

Have a nice day,