[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql fails on current data

Lauri Hahne lauri.hahne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:31:14 BST 2008

On 14/04/2008, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're right, I was thinking too far ahead. I won't complain if they
>  enter "6;8" and they shouldn't complain when it's treated as if they
>  had entered "6". I was thinking that we should point out that using
>  semicolons is nice, but doesn't actually work in many cases.
>

> That wouldn't be too hard, since the meaning is clear. The problem
>  mostly with tags with multiple values is that the meaning sometimes
>  becomes ambiguous.

But unfortunately there are cases when it's necessary to have multiple
values. The most common of these is if two refs share a road. A road
near me actually officially has two refs and two int_refs. Google
renders them properly at
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=61.428096,23.785744&spn=0.084233,0.32135&z=12
so we can't be any worse...

--