[OSM-dev] OSM Notes API, Issue Tracking (was: "See Data", a UI forbrowsing OSM data in the main map)

Thu Apr 24 00:49:50 BST 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> (Does Flash have some sort of same-origin policy regarding network
> connections? That would of course be a motive to install everything
> that could possibly be accessed by Potlatch on the main API, or
> alternatively set up all sorts of forwarders. In that case we must
> pray that Potlatch never supports georeferenced photos...)

Most types of Flash connection are limited to _either_ the current
domain _or_ another domain with a valid crossdomain.xml file.

So for Potlatch to get info off another site, said site's
crossdomain.xml would have to explicitly allow access from osm.org, or
alternatively from everywhere. http://api.flickr.com/crossdomain.xml
is a nice example of the latter.

cheers
Richard