[OSM-dev] Problems with externals for OSM Rails port

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Apr 24 11:04:30 BST 2008

In message <20080424151549.262ba25b at anubis>
        Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net> wrote:

>   I am trying to set up the OSM site locally, and am having problems
> with fetching a couple of the externals in
> sites/rails_port/vendor/plugins
> 1. svn co svn://errtheblog.com/svn/plugins/classic_pagination classic_pagination
>    fails with a "Connection refused" error.
> 2. svn co svn://suven.no-ip.org/rails/plugins/output_compression output_compression
>    is failing with a "Connection timed out" error. I will keep trying this
>    site, but I can ping it with no packet loss, and reasonable latency.
> Any ideas on alternative repositories? A Google search turns up a thread
> recommending switching away from classic_pagination. I managed to get
> output_compression from
> http://craz8.com/svn/trunk/plugins/output_compression
> but am not sure if it is the correct version

No, it's different and won't work - I looked at that yesterday.

I know they recommend switching away from classic_pagination but
unfortunately the alternative they recommend doesn't provide the
same features. I did try and port our code when we moved to rails 2
and I gave up in the end.

The whole plugins business is a complete pain...

I've put a zip of my vendor directory up - you can download it from:

  http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~tomh/vendor.zip

If you unzip that into your rails tree it should get you going.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/