[OSM-dev] OSM Notes API, Issue Tracking

Adam Boardman osm-dev at adamboardman.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 13:00:37 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:42:57PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> The reason why I never went ahead and implemented that was that I found
> this note in the wiki:
>
>   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/FAQ#Why_didn.27t_my_GPX_file_upload_properly.3F
>
> Which explains that it is deliberate because of some less than ideal
> behaviour on the part of Garmin units.

Can anyone confirm whether these kind of waypoints have timestamps?

WhereAmI currently lets you save its annotations to a gpx file of just
waypoints, so it would be good to be able to import them (they do have
timestamps).

I have no objection to seperateing the notes/waypoints into seperate
tables/api's, are editor developers happy to add the relivant UI bits
and bobs needed, or would two new types of overlay be too much clutter?

Cheers,

Adam.