[OSM-dev] slippy map does not work in FireFox 3.0 for me

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 9 21:26:47 BST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 21:00 +0200, Jens Scheidtmann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a problem with one of my computers:
>
> When I open openstreemap.org, the map displayed only contains
> a gray ladder (zoom) at the left hand side, the scale at the bottom left
> and the Permalink at the bottom right on a white background.
>
> Even if I disable Adblock, Allow Javascript globally (Noscript) and disable
> Greasemonkey, this is still the case.
>
> Running Firefox in Safemode does not help either.
>
> Have you experienced a similiar situation somewhere?
> If yes, how did you solve this?
> Any hints, on what this could be?

Try accessing a tile directly, e.g.
http://tile.openstreetmap.org/0/0/0.png

Try switching to the osmarender layer (with the '+' layer switch on the
right hand side).

Once before I found an issue where the DoS protection in a home ADSL
gateway was seeing the large number of connection requests to the tile
server as a form of attack and blocked the connection for a few minutes.
It was resolved by turning down the level of firewall protection.

	Jon