[OSM-dev] slippy map does not work in FireFox 3.0 for me

Jens Scheidtmann JensScheidtmann at web.de
Sat Aug 16 20:12:04 BST 2008

Dear Jon,

sorry for my late reply, I was on the road for some days.

Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 21:00 +0200, Jens Scheidtmann wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have a problem with one of my computers:
>>
>> When I open openstreemap.org, the map displayed only contains
>> a gray ladder (zoom) at the left hand side, the scale at the bottom left
>> and the Permalink at the bottom right on a white background.
>>
>> Even if I disable Adblock, Allow Javascript globally (Noscript) and disable
>> Greasemonkey, this is still the case.
>>
>> Running Firefox in Safemode does not help either.
>>
>> Have you experienced a similiar situation somewhere?
>> If yes, how did you solve this?
>> Any hints, on what this could be?
>
> Try accessing a tile directly, e.g.
> http://tile.openstreetmap.org/0/0/0.png

This works perfectly. Even with disabled cache.
I guess this rules out DoS rules on the firewall.

> Try switching to the osmarender layer (with the '+' layer switch on the
> right hand side).

I can't even see the '+' layer switch on this computer (see above)

What I can see are lots of warnings in the Javascript console.
Is this normal?

It starts with (when displaying openstreetmap.org):

Warnung: anonymous function does not always return a value
Quelldatei: http://www.openstreetmap.org/javascripts/prototype.js/1218150545
Zeile: 126, Spalte: 45
Quelltext:
      case 'boolean': return object.toString();

Thanks in advance,

Jens