[OSM-dev] OSM dumo download cancels

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sat Aug 30 11:53:02 BST 2008

El Sábado, 30 de Agosto de 2008, Andreas Kalsch escribió:
> It was the heanet.ie server I had trouble with, not the main server ;)
> My server downloaded the file completely - of course with much more
> speed. But I need it on my PC. I will try FTP from heanet.ie now,
> probably this will work better. If not, I will use the main server.
> Currently there are no issues with my ISP or network. Probably my router
> doesn't like big files ;)

Anyway, I do recommend you to use command-line wget to download large files -
the "-c" switch is a real savior if the download is interrupted, it'll allow
you to continue the download at the point it was interrupted. Check the
md5sum if you do so.

On the other hand, I recall using bittorrent to download the planet... does it
still work?

Cheers,
--
----------------------------------

Notice: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. It should not be photocopied,
transmitted via walkie-talkie, CB radio, satellite dish, cable TV, overhead
projector, smoke signal, Morse code, pig Latin, sign language, short hand, or
any other means. This e-mail is under no circumstances to be translated into
French. This e-mail is not to be ridiculed, mocked, judged in a competition,
or read aloud in funny accents while wearing fake mustaches and/or hats of
any sort including, but not limited to, bandanas. Do not taunt or provoke
this e-mail. People taking certain prescription medications may experience
nausea, dizziness, hysteria, vomiting, and temporary loss of short term
memory while reading this e-mail. Please consult your physician before
reading this e-mail. All models depicted in this email are 18 years of age or
older. If you have received this e-mail in error it's probably because I was
drinking when I typed the e-mail address.