[OSM-dev] Icons for graveyards

Patrick Kilian osm at petschge.de
Sat Aug 30 18:13:43 BST 2008

Hi,

> Alternatively the Christian crosses could perhaps be made bigger.
That would be definitly easier than tweaking the color to make all the
same average darkness.

> Presumably the Pastafarian version won't be used often; I would in
> fact suggest omitting it to avoid pointlessly upsetting someone.
Not including one religion because other religions might not like it is
a very slippery slope.

> I might also suggest using X's instead of crosses for Unknown.
Sorry, image.png was an old version. In the updated version unknown
shows as headstones.

> How to handle mixed? non-denominational? military? communist?
Mixed: If one denomination dominates use that symbol, otherwise use the
General/Unknown one.
Non-denominational: same as General/Unknown
Military: I could make an icon with crossed swords. Although that might
collide some day with the rendering of battlegrounds.

Patrick "Petschge" Kilian