[OSM-dev] Icons for graveyards

"Marc Schütz" schuetzm at gmx.net
Sun Aug 31 09:08:42 BST 2008

> >> Not including one religion because other religions might not like it is
> >> a very slippery slope.
> >
> > Yes, but as there are probably no pastafarian cemeteries (yet?), the
> only "applications" would obviously be vandalism and bad jokes.
>
> But honestly, if somebody gets upset from including a symbol like that
> then it really is their own fault. It's incredible how people want to
> omit stuff because somebody potentially could get upset even if there
> was no real reason for anybody to get upset. Sensitivity is one thing
> and paranoia or fascistic politically correctness are another thing.

Really, I don't care if we have the ability to render FSM graveyards (although, if you really find one in the real world, we should implement it of course).

I just stated that - as long as they don't exist in reality - I don't see any uses except for things we don't like to have anyway: namely vandalism and stupid jokes. This has nothing to do with political correctness, and I suppose PC wasn't the intention of the OP either.

Regards, Marc

--
Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03