[OSM-dev] How to stop "daviddean" to mess up icons?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:23:51 GMT 2008

Hugh Barnes schrieb:
> On 06:04:19, Ulf Lamping did write:
>
>> So the question: I've asked on this list daviddean a few weeks? ago to
>> stop, but got no answer.
>>

>> As he messed up some more icons some days ago, I fear this will continue.
>>

>> So how can we stop daviddean to mess up the JOSM display?
>>

> He's spoken to me about doing this. It didn't seem particularly significant, so
> I said "that's nice" :~) I've contacted him directly. I suspect he is not
> subscribed to this list.

Yes, it was also my impression that he did it with good intentions.

However, I've send a similiar mail to this list several weeks ago
without a solution, so I had to find a better way to fix the current
problematic situation.

Could you send me his mail address (or contact him), so I can discuss
the current issue with him?

> If you want to fork this thread into a discussion about the merits of
> transparent icons, please rename its subject line to make it less personal.

Well, I guess we have to find a way to deal with the problem in a more
general way, nothing to do with david at all.

Anyway, I had the very immediate interest to deal with the current
situation, as there are already several users complaining about the icon
display in JOSM and there's also a trac ticket about this.

So fixing up the icons myself and waiting for david to revert my changes
was not the way I intended to go ;-)

Regards, ULFL