[OSM-dev] [Merkaartor] Crowd Sourced Testing of OSM 0.6 API

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Dec 14 10:04:42 GMT 2008

> I'll try a Passenger recompilation soon to see if anything odd
> happened in the upgrade, else I'll roll back to the 2.0.3 version
> which I seem to recall worked fine with Merkaartor.

Thanks for checking that out.

I can confirm that a "by-the-book" installation (i.e. "
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/The_Rails_Port") of SVN OSM on a linux
box of mine dot not exhibit the problem, as Shaun pointed out. The linux box
is not the same as the Merkaartor one, although it's LAN and not WAN.

I'm not familiar with the OSM infrastructure, but I seem to understand
you're not using the documented way ("ruby script/server") but going through
apache/mod_ruby or something equivalent, right?
Is this setup documented somewhere, so that I could at least try to
reproduce?

If the current setup is working with other clients, it seems logical for me
to somehow fix Merkaartor rather than you altering the server setup...

- Chris -