roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Dec 15 09:22:23 GMT 2008
> Import sizes seem to be to large to use JOSM, so we have to do bulk_imports. Reading some Wiki pages I could not find out how to install the pearl script. Trying it on Win XP or Ubuntu I had no chance to get it running.
> Has omeone a 5 step tip how to get it running?
The following had worked for me although it takes six steps :)
1. Boot Ubuntu
2. Ensure you have installed Subversion and XML::Writer. Run
sudo apt-get install subversion libxml-writer-perl
3. Get a large piece of the source code from the OSM SVN. Run
svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/
4. Change into the directory where bulk_upload.pl is located
5. Make a _dry-run_ of bulk-import.pl first, where the value after -i
is the filename of the OSM change data, e.g.
bulk_upload.pl -n -ff -a http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/ -i ~/projekte/osm/Some_Filename.osc
6. If this works fine, upload the data and *do not interrupt the process*.
Error messages are part of normal operation; the script will resolve
these issues without human intervention. Interrupting the script might
end up in uploading the data accidently twice.
bulk_upload.pl -ff -a http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/ -i ~/projekte/osm/Some_Filename.osm
Feel free to ask again if any errors remain. Please report then any error
More information about the dev