[OSM-dev] ROMA servers down - osmosis large way problem

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Dec 30 13:05:17 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> The latter still requires the same client/server modifications +
>> modifications in all current node relations. Hence it will cost more
>> time.
>
> No it doesn't; 99.9% of all ways don't violate the new criteria so all
> tools will work perfectly for them.

The problem is the actual search for and modification of the violators.
Like the current problem with ways/relation of size 0; invalid
references etc.

>> Even in 0.5 relations can be ordered using the type='...'.
>
> You're getting (more) ridiculous.
>
> What are you trying to prove here? That you're right and the rest is
> wrong? That you are a masterful programmer and the others just dumb
> fiddlers?

Matt claimed it was impossible to do order in relations within API 0.5.
That argument is wrong. That is the only thing I'm proving here. And I
did make an error because I should talked about role instead of type.

> You have meanwhile reached a point where I'd rather see the project go
> down in flames than implement a single one of your ideas. Do it yourself
> or go to hell.

I am doing it myself, don't worry. And I don't get stopped by any flames
on mailinglists :) Happy new year to you too :)

Stefan