[OSM-dev] TomTom map format

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Dec 30 23:11:42 GMT 2008

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> My rough guess is that they have no interest - They make money by
> selling the maps and it would be unwise to help the "others" ..

There is another variable to this. They want to have a mapping
community... and it is not strange they have asked some people from OSM
to give talks about the issues that they have.

So I presume there are opportunities for them too, now they have
acquired Teleatlas that chance could be slim... but certainly not 0.

> For compatibility it should IMHO be legal to reverse engineer at least in
> Germany.

Here too.

But what is your motivation about this? Just to enlarge userbase (OSM)?

Stefan