[OSM-dev] Subversion commit mailing list

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 7 11:03:28 GMT 2008

In message <47AAD86D.2060407 at web.de>
        Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at web.de> wrote:

> However, when I had a look a the generated log at:
> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/log/ it suffers from the same problem:
> no file names rendering the log pretty useless in our case - so this
> is not only RSS related.

The log is the log - it shows a list of changesets. You have to look
at the detail of a changeset to see what files it contains.

The timeline is the thing you want - that will show a summary of
changes to tickets, code, etc. Currently it only lists one file for
each changeset though, I think so that it worked better on mobile
devices.

> Reading the http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracIni I would think that
> [timeline] changeset_show_files=10 could do the job.

Do you have any particular reason for choosing 10? The current setting
is 1 which is generally enough for me to tell which part of the repo
is being changed (which is why I turned it on in the first place).

I'm a bit confused now actually, because having checked it seems that
the RSS feed does list the first file for each change, but the claim
that started all this was that it doesn't show any files?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/