[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Error while uploading with JOSM

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:54:00 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:35 +0000, David Earl wrote:
> Is there something in the website trying to prevent DoS attaacks or
> something like that, that is locking out particular IP addresses for
> 20
> - 25 minutes, that is counting API accesses (to
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/...) as well as general web page
> accesses (i.e. to www.openstreetmap.org)?

Something very similar used to happen to me with accessing the slippy
map on tile a year or so ago.

After a while it dawned on me that there was something doing DoS
protection, it was my home ADSL gateway. It was getting upset with the
large number of FIN or RST packets being generated when I was switching
zoom levels too quickly in the slippy map.

Try looking at the logs on your gateway or firewall and see if you have
some sort of DoS or firewall protection level you can change.

	Jon