[OSM-dev] disputed areas

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:50:08 GMT 2008

There's potential for conflicts over things other than just names:

- Administrative boundaries (eg Kashmir)
- Road classifications; some people might be tempted to lower the
classification of the road outside their house to reduce traffic
- Footpaths - disputed rights of access to farmland etc
- Private roads and driveways
- Military buildings and secure facilities

A solution that worked just for names would not deal with all possibilities.

80n