[OSM-dev] disputed areas

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Tue Feb 12 10:03:17 GMT 2008

On Sun, February 10, 2008 12:48, Mikel Maron wrote:
> This might be the most simple short term solution.
>

> It's the same approach all the web maps use -- you won't find Cyprus in
> Google Maps.

Interesting. I never thought of zooming in to cyprus on Google.

I can't access Google Earth from work, is it the same there?

> So in part, it's a shame, a good Cyprus map would be a good differentiator
> for OSM

Yes, it would have been wonderful. We still might succeed where even the
big guys don't dare go near.

> Hrm, another thing to consider is that this kind of disruption might suit
> the some of the edit war participants just fine, and that it wouldn't be
> effective to get them to act.

You are doing a splendid job as an mediator. I hope that this edit war
won't make you lose patience and decleare Cyprus as a lost cause.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...