[OSM-dev] Spam from OSM server?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Feb 17 18:39:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

> I look after talk, dev and talk-gb. I get tens of these per
> day.

As far as I understand, the problem is spam being sent with a
...-owner address in the envelope, so it gets forwarded by mailman.

I have achieved considerable spam reduction with the exim filter rule

if $h_received contains "streetmap.vm.bytemark.co.uk" and not $h_list-id contains "openstreetmap.org" then
   seen finish endif

(or replace "seen" by "save /my/spam/folder" or something else that
should happen with the e-mail).

This blocks everything coming from the osm server but not actually
posted to a list, including all the mailman "permission is needed for
blah blah" messages.

I guess it will also block messages sent through the web interface to
my screen name, so I'll have to put in an extra accept message that
would handle these.

Bye
Frederik