[OSM-dev] Tag Handling in the Database

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Thu Mar 27 20:55:00 GMT 2008

Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Believe it or not, I was being ironic when I wrote that.
>
> It was quite obvious that you were using the term "anarcho-
> collaborativist" to pour scorn on my statement that the people who
> cast votes in our project have no authority.

Nothing as strong as scorn. I was merely stating what seemed to be the
logical consequences of your position. Is anarchy not _defined_ as
"no-one has any authority"?

> On the other hand, starting to think of oneself (or one's project) as
> "important" may be the beginning of the end of fun.

I don't agree. The Mozilla project has been and continues to be highly
important to keeping an open web, but I have a lot of fun working on it,
as do many other people :-)

> I don't know if you really *believe* that anyone who is against voting
> in a project will surely accept his flat being burgled,

That's not a fair summary of my position.

> or if that is
> just some kind of rhetoric that you employ to drag your opponents in
> the mud.

I'm sorry if you feel dragged in the mud; that was not my intention at all.

Gerv