[OSM-dev] Thanks

Alex Wilson alex_wilson at pobox.com
Mon May 12 22:29:33 BST 2008

I wouldn't plan to touch the back-end DB (is it MySQL atm?) - just write a
for-comparison C++ API - and if it's not faster, or it's considerably more
obfuscated and harder to maintain, then it can be left to decompose quietly,
unused... ;-)

I think the task is something sufficiently straightforward that the C++ can
be made very user-friendly and pretty easy to maintain. I think we'll have a
look at developing the Apache module and you can all see what you think
if/when it's done...

Cheers,

Alex