[OSM-dev] C++ implementation of the API

Alex Wilson alex_wilson at pobox.com
Wed May 21 11:14:49 BST 2008

Hi,

Further to earlier discussion on this list, I've been looking into writing a
C++ version of the OSM API server. When discussing this before, it was
suggested that an Apache module would be the best way to plug such an API
into the OSM server. Just out of interest: what are the advantages of a
standalone Apache module versus a plugin module to Ruby that uses the
existing codebase to parse the urls etc but calls out to the C++ api to do
the heavy lifting?

Being a totally newcomer to the OSM codebase, I thought it was best to rely
on the collective wisdom of this list rather than try to work this out by
myself... ;-)

Thanks,

Alex