[OSM-dev] way 7062297, is this new?

bvh bvh-osm at irule.be
Thu Oct 9 11:21:54 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 04:34:37PM +1000, Hugh Barnes wrote:
> Spurred on by this, I tried it in Merkaartor. The UI accepted my input and I
> assumed all was good. I just remembered to follow this up and it appears the
> data didn't make it. Possibly the last occurrence of the tag in the app was
> the one that got submitted.

Thanks for the bug report. The UI shouldn't let you add two keys with
the same name. The data model used internally inside Merkaartor luckily
only provides for unique key's.

> > Until duplicate keys are prohibited by the API (as Grant
> > suggests, likely in 0.6), then your system will just need to cope.
> Can we talk about why they should be banned? It's a perfectly valid metadata
> construct to have multiple values for a property (key) for a single object.

Possibly, but if 0.6 is going to force unique keys anyway, I don' t see
much point in promoting their use right now. The move from 0.5 to 0.6 is
going to be painfull enough as it stands right now.

cu bart