[OSM-dev] [bug] direction of GPS traces

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:20:23 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) <
ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I've been around OSM for a few years now and I was not aware "private" GPS
trackpoints were available for download. I looked in a couple obvious places
on the Wiki ([1] and [2]) by following the Help link on the upload page and
the availability of non-public trackpoints is not mentioned anywhere.
Perhaps that fact could be made overtly clear on the upload page (i.e., a
checkbox with a disclaimer "I understand that by not checking Public it
doesn't really mean anything") for the paranoid among us that had the
illusion of privacy for something marked not Public.

Karl

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Upload#What_happens_to_my_file_after_it_has_been_uploaded.3F
[2]