[OSM-dev] Grumble, grumble

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sun May 10 23:30:06 BST 2009

> I think, and I can't be certain, that I've lost a whole evening's editing,
just because one way I deleted in JOSM had already been deleted
> by other means before I came to upload. Surely that shouldn't be a problem
that loses all the other changes which were unrelated?

I recently created two tickets related to this problem because I've lost
data too (and I was grumbling too ;-))
  http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/2528
  http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/2529

My general impression is that JOSM could do better in detecting conflicts,
in warning users and in supporting them to resolve
conflicts with the server.

> I say "I can't be certain", but none of the edits I've made show up in
Potlatch. Curses. Does the failed upload leave any temporary file
> behind on my (Windows based) machine that I can try and tweak and upload
again?
To the best of my knowledge: no.

Karl